Short stories, mini-fables, whispers and notes of nuisance.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dear Culpepper's



Dear Culpepper's Diner-

Im gonna need to start rationing the black eyed pea deliveries.Had a bad crop. Got Okra and new market vegetable red Hominy. Its like regular Hominy but with a woody robust, atleast thats what the dealer pamphlet states.The plight of my hard endevors with the black eyed peas are unforseen now but as with any staple it should bounce back next season. Since my black eyes are dead, I have turned my attention to jellies. I got every glass container filled and sealed with different preserves ranging from peach to strawberry. Dont know if you are interested but i got a bumber crop in them and my jelly thumb has really been hitting the mark when it comes to preserves. I also have Gourd bird houses and ladle cups to sell in the gift shop. I reckon 10 dollars n below they could fetch. They are Hand painted with daiseys and birch trees, even some with poppies, some wit red bellied warblers which are native so folks can relate. Ill discount next bill for the pea ration, thanks

Rog

P.S. I made a black eyed pea jelly from the only ones that made it this year. Talk about a nasty mistake that will ruin a poor mans toast. My connection holes from my mouth to my nostrils are packed solid with a black eyed fudge that makes me talk funny now. I sit in my rocker with my tongue constantly trying to uncement my nasal connections.
If you are hard up for Black Eyes, Ill sell nickel samplers of the jelly for novelty kicks. Kids and Adults alike will love experimenting with gross tastes and you could be the talk of the town. All of Sweetwater could end up talking funny and going ballistic trying to unclog the mouth sinuses.
Funny image, makes me laff real funny like cuz of the giant speed bump in my mouth. Tongue is sprained and my left hand has a tooth brush and my right one has toothpicks and shish ka bob skewers. Dig, brush, n picking, aint nothing working. Let me know what you think.

Rog again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetwater!